[Rcpp-devel] RcppMAtrix<complex> ?

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Thu Apr 22 13:17:52 CEST 2010

Thank you for reposting here.

It is not trivial to see what is happening in your example, so I'll just
give you some tools.

The old api (which the classicRcppMatrixExample example uses) does not
have support for complex vectors or matrices.

The new api does have support for complex vectors and complex matrices.
The unit test file runit.ComplexVector.R does indeed contain some very
basic examples of using ComplexVector, but not complex matrices.
However, you can use Rcpp::ComplexMatrix.

Here is an example that calculates the sum of the real part of the
elements of a complex matrix diagonal and the sum of the imaginary part:

require( Rcpp )
require( inline)

fx <- cfunction( signature( x = "matrix" ), '
	/* grab the R object as a complex matrix */
	ComplexMatrix m(x) ;
	double re_sum = 0.0 ;
	double im_sum = 0.0 ;
	for( int i=0; i<m.ncol(); i++){
		re_sum += m(i,i).r ;
		im_sum += m(i,i).i ;
	}
	return List::create(
		_["sum real part"] = re_sum,
		_["sum imag part"] = im_sum
		) ;

', Rcpp = TRUE, includes = "using namespace Rcpp;" )

x <- diag( (1-2i)*1:5 )
fx( x )

Let us know if this gives you enough to get started.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast