[Rcpp-devel] Problem compling rinside_sample0 on OSX

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 6 18:02:49 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 at 09:47, Dan Kulp wrote:
| Success!   The snag was installing both packages from their source packages,
| not the binary OSX ones.

Fiddlesticks! I once knew that, but forgot, and it doesn't hit Romain on OS X
as he builds from source anyway.

| I appreciate your guys time, too bad installation from CRAN didn't "just
| work".  For me there is a lot of potential for this library.  I use R for

Maybe "using source from CRAN" -- how/where do I document that better? Where
would you have looked?

| all my data analysis, but I have a set of c++ libraries used for generating
| the data (my application is protein design), it would be great to fuse the
| two.

Yup. And given how feature-complete Rcpp has gotten it is quite a joy to use too.

| One question, does RInside allow you to load installed packages (
| library("RSvgDevice") ) ?

"Should". See the other examples which load libraries.  Devices have their
own pecularities so I don't know off-hand about this for SVG generation. In
principle it should and if it doesn't in practice we can now count on you to
debug it ;-)

Good it works now.

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!