[Rcpp-devel] Problem compling rinside_sample0 on OSX

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 6 17:14:07 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 at 08:58, Dan Kulp wrote:
| Libraries from CRAN installed into .../Library/R/2.10/library/Rcpp and
| .../LibraryR/2.10/library/RIniside

We asked about the _version numbers_ which you still have not provided.
Please do (inside R)

	   library(help=Rcpp)
	   library(help=RInside)

and/or look at the DESCRIPTION files in the directories you listed.

| I tried to download the OSX binary 0.7.11 tar ball and untar into
| /Library/R/2.10/library/  , but got the same error.

You install an R package from source by doing

    R CMD INSTALL Rcpp_0.7.11.tar.gz

wich is different from untar-ring a source package.

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!