[Rcicr-users] 2 questions

Thomas Schubert thomas.wolfgang.schubert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:06:25 CET 2014

Hi Ron (and everybody else),

I got two questions on RCICR:

I generated stimuli for a judgment in 512 x 512, and present original
and inverse side by side. What we noticed though is that the distance
from the screen seems to matter when judging the pictures. I guess that
is related to the literature on the relation of spatial frequences and
facial features. But my question is more practical: Did you ever try to
look a this systematically, and is there an ideal size-to-distance
relation at which the generated pictures should be judged? My feeling is
that 512 x 512 is too large.

I should note that I collect data online via qualtrics, so there is
variance in the display size. But I could adapt image size to display
size if I knew the ideal size.

the other, more concrete question: when I generate CIs with the R
scripts, I get output images like myPic_subject_1_autoscaled.jpg for
subject and mnes_trait_myTrait_autoscaled.jpg, but I also get
ci_myPic_subject_1.jpg for every single subject, and these all look the
same, and seem to be the base image. Is that correct? Or should they
actually show different outputs? I am confused by having so many
identical pictures.

best,
thomas

--
thomas schubert
department of psychology, university of oslo
schubert at igroup.org
http://www.igroup.org/schubert/