[Phylobase-devl] CRAN release

Peter Cowan pdc at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 27 21:07:59 CET 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 8:25 AM, François Michonneau wrote:

>  I agree, I think we can do a beta release. I had started to go
> through
> the documentation some time ago, but it might be worthwhile to read
> over
> it again to make sure that there isn't anything left that is totally
> out
> of date.

I agree that the docs are in need of attention.  I fear that if we
wait for them to meet our standards it will delay the package greatly,
especially given everyones time constraints.

How about a code freeze, with Friday as the release date. That gives
us the rest of the week to burnish the docs and test for show-stopping
bugs.  In the meantime, I'll try to come up with a NEWS file.

Peter