[Phylobase-devl] Rcpp and OS X compiliation

Brian O'Meara omeara.brian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 23:12:44 CET 2009

On Dec 15, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> So what does file or otool say when you run it on the archive? Does
> it confirm that it is the expected and desired architecture?
>
> 	-hilmar

omearalab5:Sites bomeara$ otool -hv /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/libRcpp.a
Archive : /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/
i386/libRcpp.a
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/
libRcpp.a(Rcpp.o):
Mach header
       magic cputype cpusubtype  caps    filetype ncmds
sizeofcmds      flags
    MH_MAGIC    I386        ALL  0x00      OBJECT     3       1792
SUBSECTIONS_VIA_SYMBOLS
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/
libRcpp.a(RcppDate.o):
Mach header
       magic cputype cpusubtype  caps    filetype ncmds
sizeofcmds      flags
    MH_MAGIC    I386        ALL  0x00      OBJECT     3       1860
SUBSECTIONS_VIA_SYMBOLS
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/
libRcpp.a(RcppDatetime.o):
Mach header
       magic cputype cpusubtype  caps    filetype ncmds
sizeofcmds      flags
    MH_MAGIC    I386        ALL  0x00      OBJECT     3       1588
SUBSECTIONS_VIA_SYMBOLS
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/
libRcpp.a(RcppList.o):
Mach header
       magic cputype cpusubtype  caps    filetype ncmds
sizeofcmds      flags
    MH_MAGIC    I386        ALL  0x00      OBJECT     3       1792
SUBSECTIONS_VIA_SYMBOLS
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/
libRcpp.a(RcppParams.o):
Mach header
       magic cputype cpusubtype  caps    filetype ncmds
sizeofcmds      flags
    MH_MAGIC    I386        ALL  0x00      OBJECT     3       1792
SUBSECTIONS_VIA_SYMBOLS

omearalab5:src bomeara$ file /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/
library/Rcpp/lib/i386/libRcpp.a
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/
libRcpp.a: current ar archive

I've also put a zipped version at <http://omearalab5.dyndns.org/~bomeara/libRcpp.a.zip
 > if you want to look at it.

Thanks,
Brian

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

>> lib/
>> Rcpp/
>> |

>> | Is it a given that libRcpp.a is of the right architecture, and has
>> | been compiled with a compatible compiler version?
>> |
>> | I've sometimes got these things when it turned out after some
>> digging
>> | that that was not the case (even though the library itself was
>> there).
>>
>> Good hunch.  As Brian and I check by looking at his 'R CMD INSTALL
>> pkg' logs
>> for Rcpp, it does build three times (i386, ppc, x86_64) but each
>> time we do
>>
>> userLibrary: 	$(USERLIB) $(USERLIBST)
>> 		- at if test ! -e $(USERDIR)$(R_ARCH); then mkdir -p $(USERDIR)$
>> (R_ARCH); fi
>> 		cp $(USERLIB) $(USERDIR)$(R_ARCH)
>> 		cp Rcpp*.h $(USERDIR)$(R_ARCH)
>> 		cp $(USERLIBST) $(USERDIR)$(R_ARCH)
>> 		rm $(USERLIB) $(USERLIBST)
>>
>> USERLIB is the dynamic library, USERLIBST is the static library.
>> This should
>> rotate over the R_ARCH vales and copy appropriately.
>>
>> If someone has good OS X and wants to help Brian and myself...  I
>> am at wit's
>> end (but I no close to nada about OS X).
>>
>> Dirk
>>

>> --
>> Three out of two people have difficulties with fractions.

> : Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :

Brian O'Meara
http://www.brianomeara.info
Assistant Prof.
Dept. Ecology & Evolutionary Biology