[Phylobase-devl] failed mac build

Steve Kembel skembel at berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 31 22:20:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been finding it hard to diagnose problems when building
phylobase. I didn't get very far on my attempts to cross-compile for
Mac on a AMD64 linux box, in fact I couldn't even get phylobase to
install or pass check. Baffling error output attached - has anyone
else (Ben? Thibaut?) seen this type of error before? Could it be
related to the R version (1.5.1) or ape version (2.1-3) I have
installed on that system?

[...]
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
** libs
make: `phylobase.so' is up to date.
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Creating a new generic function for "summary" in "phylobase"
Creating a new generic function for "plot" in "phylobase"
In method for function "[": expanding the signature to
include omitted arguments in definition: j = "missing",
drop = "missing"
Error in .MakeSignature(new("signature"), def, signature) :
	the names in signature for method (x, , , ) do not match function's
arguments (x, i, j, drop)
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'phylobase'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/phylobase'