[Phylobase-devl] failed mac build

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Mon Mar 31 07:00:31 CEST 2008

   I have *not* cross-built Mac binaries.  (Even
keeping the tools up to date for cross-building Windows binaries
from one version to the next was enough of a pain
that when win-builder.r-project.org became available,
I stopped.)

    I strongly suspect that the problem is not with
the build architecture per se but with some glitch
that has led to an SVN conflict (as Steve suggested),
which means that their code is going to work on our
machines ...

   I have another question about build logs -- when our
builds failed (I don't have an example handy right now),
the key error messages appeared OUTSIDE the build log --
I think we need to see these to diagnose properly ...
Marguerite, could you convey this to r-forge folks?

Some additional error messages (that got dumped at the end):

cpe-66-8-198-127:~/phylobase marguerite$ R CMD build pkg > buildinfo.txt
Error in parse(n = -1, file = file) : unexpected input at
69:
70: <<
Calls: <Anonymous> -> code2LazyLoadDB -> sys.source -> parse
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'phylobase'

Marguerite