[Phylobase-devl] Planning the next release of phylobase

Steve Kembel skembel at berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 25 07:36:04 CET 2008

Hi David,

> I think with this, the row names in the tdata structures would be
> the integer ids (which could/would/should be the same as the
> relevant edge numbers from the edge matrix). This would be a fairly
> major change though!

If integer IDs (same as edge numbers from edge matrix) are the way we
will identify nodes "internally", I could go through and modify the
check_data code to work either with row.names or a column of labels
when attaching data to a phylo4d. Rather than breaking the existing
check_data and tdata functions, I will try to build on the code in
pdata.R.

 From your email it seems like you've already been working on this and
have a new node.label structure set up? Could you send around or
commit the changes you've made to the node.label code?

Steve