[Phylobase-devl] misc.

Steven Kembel steve.kembel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 05:32:56 CET 2008

Hi all,

Noon eastern on Thursday works for me for a virtual meeting. Skype/
Gizmo or whatever NESCent IT recommends is fine. How about an IRC
channel as well for Thursday/Friday?

Off the top of my head my preference is to work first on the bug and
feature requests related to phylo4d objects and metadata, and then the
tree traversal and ordering methods. This will initially involve going
through the phylo4d constructors and methods and making sure
everything is working well, or getting rid of methods that are broken,
to allow submitting the package to CRAN.

Hilmar mentioned implementing NeXML support in phylobase as a possible
target. I think the feature request for metadata/annotation slot
implementation for phylo4 and phylo4d objects should try to follow
existing metadata/annotation standards as implemented in things like
NeXML rather than coming up with another format, so I'd like to
discuss this on Thursday as well.

Cheers,
Steve