[Phylobase-devl] misc.

Brian O'Meara bcomeara at nescent.org
Thu Dec 4 16:31:45 CET 2008

On Dec 3, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Steven Kembel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>>  * chat on the list about a deadline and milestones needed
>> for a CRAN release?  (My votes: merged plotting code, all known
>> bugs fixed [I don't actually think that would be hard], node-labeling
>> scheme updated).
>>  * have one or more additional conference calls?
>
> Discussing this on the list or in a conference call would be great. I
> think we are in pretty good shape for most of these things.
> -plotting code should be a straightforward merge of the summer of code
> branch into trunk
> -I think most of the bugs listed on the tracker have actually been
> fixed, there are a few functions that need some more work or should be
> taken out for now (i.e. tdata[x,y] <- foo). Thanks for fixing the
> compilation issues Ben, phylobase compiles cleanly now on x64 linux
> and mac.

Yes, thanks from me, too, Ben (esp. since I started working on this
and then wandered off). I've closed out those bug reports.

> I will go through the list of bugs/feature requests on R-
> Forge and try to clean out the requests that have been dealt with. If
> others have fixed bugs/feature requests go ahead and change their
> status to resolved.
> -The node-labeling scheme has been updated already unless there were
> further changes needed.
>
>>  * an ambitious plan: have a "virtual hackathon" sometime
>> between now and mid-January, where we all agree to the best
>> of our abilities to spend the same day or two investing
>> a significant amount of hacking time ... we could have
>> one or two 'plenary sessions' a day and do Skype/chat
>> in between ... what do you think?
>
> This sounds like a great idea, I'd be interested, will have some time
> over the 'holidays' to work on this. What are people's schedules like
> - would a brief call sometime in the next few weeks work?

I'm generally unconstrained, as we're not traveling for the holidays.
We can set up a poll to schedule a conference call once we have a
general idea of when people can talk. I've started a poll about a
mini-hackathon itself at http://www.doodle.com/9pndm3xaszh7gpck .

Best,
Brian

> Cheers,