[Phylobase-devl] I am on hopefully the right track in manipulating "trees" using R.

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Mon Apr 7 03:50:32 CEST 2008

   OK, now I'm confused.  Why can't we extend the branches
with singleton nodes?  Or is it that this is feasible but
would require to much hacking around (i.e., if we write
good tools we can still do it this way)?

   After deciding to throw out the edge data structure, I'd like to
see a good reason to put it back in ...

   but maybe I'm just confused about what's needed.

   cheers
     Ben