[hyperSpec-help] Function 'read.spc' is not found

Claudia Beleites claudia.beleites at ipht-jena.de
Tue Nov 1 15:27:23 CET 2011

Dear Holger,

you need to update hyperSpec: read.spc has been around quite a while in
the development version of hyperSpec. The version on CRAN was recently
updated to v. 0.98 so it is now available from there, too.

So, please run update.packages (which will try to update all your
packages where new versions are available), or install hyperSpec again:
install.packages ("hyperSpec")

Try the code in a new R session afterwards.

Best,

Claudia

Am 01.11.2011 15:06, schrieb Dr. Holger van Lishaut:
> Dear all,
>
> below is the "echo" of a session where I tried to create a hyperspec
> object by reading-in spc-files.
> However, the system cannot find the function "read.spc", although
> hyperSpec is loaded successfully.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards
> Holger
>
> ==============
>> library(hyperSpec)
> Lade nötiges Paket: lattice
> Package hyperSpec, version 0.95
>
> To get started, try
>      vignette ("introduction", package = "hyperSpec")
>      package?hyperSpec
>      vignette (package = "hyperSpec")
>
> If you use this package please cite it appropriately.
>      citation("hyperSpec")
> will give you the correct reference.
>
> The project is hosted on http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/hyperspec/
>
>> arSpektren<- read.spc(file.choose())
> Fehler: konnte Funktion "read.spc" nicht finden
>> arSpektren<- read-spc(file.choose())
> Fehler: Objekt 'read' nicht gefunden
>> arSpektren<- read.spc()
> Fehler: konnte Funktion "read.spc" nicht finden
>> arSpektren<- read.spc
> Fehler: Objekt 'read.spc' nicht gefunden
>> ?read.spc
> No documentation for 'read.spc' in specified packages and libraries:
> you could try '??read.spc'
>> ??read.spc
> No help files found with alias or concept or title matching ‘read.spc’
> using
> regular expression matching.

Claudia Beleites
Spectroscopy/Imaging