[GenABEL-dev] OmicABEL: DatABEL double format

Diego Fabregat Traver fabregat at aices.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 1 16:24:23 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

On 01/05/13, Yurii Aulchenko  <yurii.aulchenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the conversion would be a quick way out, but I also think that OmicABEL should allow for FLOAT input - otherwise people will end up tripling their existing FLOAT-based files storage. And this is really not a trivial amount of disk space to waste (talking of terabytes).
>
> Diego, do you think this could be something relatively easily solvable?

Adding support for multiple input/output datatypes is indeed one of the items in OmicABEL's ToDo list. It will require some changes in the design, possibly trying to build on top of the filevector library. I'm not sure how difficult it will be, especially if we don't want this feature to have a strong impact on performance.

Unfortunately, I'm right now writing my dissertation, which takes up all my time, and cannot work on this issue yet.

Diego