[datatable-help] fread'ing logicals

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Sat Sep 14 07:29:11 CEST 2013

Thanks for the quick response.

As for the "learning curve" stuff -- no real comment there, but:

> For eg. I recently heard complains about data.table itself from due to
> changes in interface

Could you provide some concrete examples about which changes have
stumped users? Perhaps we can learn from these critiques. I had
thought we were pretty good about discussing any (breaking) changes on
list, but I'd be interested to see where this has failed so it might
perhaps be avoided in the future.

> and learning curve that data.table comes with... I hear
> similar complaints about some packages like ggplot2, plyr..
>
> Even though all these are great packages.. people don't like radical changes
> to interfaces as it makes refactoring older code even more painful.

Still curious to hear what radical changes have come down the pipe.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Cheers,
-steve

--