[datatable-help] data.table for R 3.0.1

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Thu Jun 27 17:46:56 CEST 2013

Hi Frank,

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Frank Erickson <FErickson at psu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't work verbatim; I see
>
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'data.table'
>
> and later a warning:
>
> 1: running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-30~1.1/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "U:\R"
> C:\Users\FPERIC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\3\RtmpuWYzPl/downloaded_packages/data.table_1.8.8.tar.gz'
> had status 1

Hmm -- sorry, this is rather strange and I'm also not well versed in
smoking out windows compilation problems.

Can you provide more of the installation log so we can see what the
error is, exactly?

I say it's strange because it seems as if CRAN actually has the
compiled version of the latest version of the package for windows
there:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/data.table/index.html

In particular:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/data.table_1.8.8.zip

Perhaps you might try changing the CRAN mirror you are using to see if
you can grab it? Or just download from the link above and install the
compiled version locally?

As for me -- I try to keep my version of data.table tied to SVN and
periodically svn up and recompile ... I've had no compilation problems
as of late (I just recompiled now to double check), so I'm not sure
what's going on on your setup.

Sorry that I can't be of much help here, perhaps some other windows
users can chime in.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou