[datatable-help] Problem Installing Package RecordLinkage Due to Data.table

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Wed Aug 10 23:42:48 CEST 2011

Thanks for all the info up front.

data.table is dependent on R 2.12.0+. Are you able to upgrade? R 2.10.1
is quite old, we're now on 2.13.1. I use Ubuntu myself and I just let
update manager do it for me. I don't know why R isn't giving you a
kinder message, though. Maybe in a later version of R, the message is
nicer ;)

The NEWS for v1.6.4 contains this :

o   The package uses two features (packageVersion() and \href in Rd)
    added to R 2.12.0 and is therefore dependent on that release.
    A 'spurious warning' when checking a package using \href was
    fixed in R 2.12.2 patched but we believe that warning can safely
    be ignored in versions >= 2.12.0 and < 2.12.2 patched.

HTH
Matthew