[datatable-help] Problem Installing Package RecordLinkage Due to Data.table

persistence911 persistence911 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 23:11:40 CEST 2011

I am trying to install a package packages in R RecordLinkage.

I keep on getting error because I guess I was on an Ubuntu 9.10 machine. I
reinstalled the machine and I am still finding it difficult to install.

 RecordLinkage has a problem with lazy loading a package called data.table.

Anyone encountered this yet.

Update this is the SessionInfo for my R

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_GB.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

[1] tcltk_2.10.1 tools_2.10.1

while the Error I am getting for Record Linkage is

** preparing package for lazy loading
Error : package 'data.table' required by 'RecordLinkage' could not be found
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘RecordLinkage’
* removing ‘/home/cerebus/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.10/RecordLinkage’

The downloaded packages are in
    ‘/tmp/Rtmp8jbYY3/downloaded_packages’
Warning message:
In install.packages("RecordLinkage") :
  installation of package 'RecordLinkage' had non-zero exit status