[Basta-users] Individual Survival

Fernando Colchero colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Mon Feb 15 16:51:24 CET 2021

Hi Carlos,

   Thank you for your interest on the package. I believe that, what you mean by individual survival you would like the estimated lifespans and their 95% credible intervals, isn’t it?

   You can extract those as follows: say that you call your BaSTA output “out”. Although it is a basta object, it works as a list. The estimated ages are in “out$agesQuant”, which is a 3 x ni matrix, where ni is the number of individuals with unknown times of birth and/or death. The columns are therefore the mean and lower and upper 95% credible intervals of the estimated ages at death.

Best,

  Fernando

Fernando Colchero
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences (IMADA)
and Interdisciplinary Center on Population Dynamics (CPop)

Tlf.              +45 65 50 46 35
Email           colchero at imada.sdu.dk<mailto:colchero at imada.sdu.dk>
Web            www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero
Pers. web     www.colchero.com
Adr.             Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense, Dk

University of Southern Denmark