[Basta-users] interaction term throwing an error

Hudson, Dave dh448 at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 16:33:44 CET 2019

Good afternoon,

I am a PhD researcher looking at age related mortality of badgers infected with TB, I have successfully run a number of BaSTA models with a large data set using the various BaSTA functions to create the required matrices.  I then tried to add an interaction term in the MakeCovMat which created the required matrix, I then put this through DataCheck with no problem and through basta and the model runs without issue, calculates DIC but then gives the following error code and will not give me any output?

Calculating DIC... done
Survival parameters converged appropriately.
DIC was calculated.
Error in dimnames(x) <- dn :
  length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent

This is the input code for the covariate matrix...

CovMat.inf <- MakeCovMat(x= ~ sex + f + sex:f, CH.data.inf)

I am unsure as to how to go about rectifying this problem and hoping that someone may be able to offer some advice?

Many thanks

Dave

Dave Hudson

PhD Research Student

College of Life and Environmental Science

University of Exeter, Penryn.