[Basta-users] Monthly capture history; 0 birth or death information

Ken Honeycutt rkenhoneycutt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:49:00 CET 2018

Fernando,

Thanks for your response and for sending along the latest BaSTA version,
especially the bit about using "recaptTrans." I tried that and it worked
well.

I do have a couple more questions.

First, is your R-code to simulate populations (as in your 2012 J of Animal
Ecology paper) publicly available somewhere? I'm thinking
simulating populations would help with confidence in my results.

Second, I'm having a little trouble interpreting the meanings of parameters
from the Gompertz bathtub model (I believe there are alpha0, alpha1, beta0,
beta1, and c). I see these are described mathematically in the BaSTA MME
supporting information, but I'm having trouble visualizing the
meanings. Specifically, I'm wondering at what values would these
parameters represent a bathtub shape for mortality.

Thanks,
Ken