[Basta-users] Varying only some parameter estimates across categorical covariates

Andrea Grunst asgrunst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:32:10 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have a question regarding whether it is possible to vary only some parameter estimates across levels of a categorical covariate when running BaSTA.  For instance, when working with a Weibull bathtub model, is it possible to vary only b0 and b1 across categories, but not a0, a1 and c?  I am asking because only b1 (and maybe b0) appear to differ between the groups that I am considering, so it seems superfluous to also estimate the other parameters separately (this will elevate the DIC).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Andrea Grunst