[Basta-users] Help with varying effort in BaSTA

Pedro Martins pedrovrima at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:12:50 CET 2014

Hi Colchero and BaSTA team, how are you?

My name is Pedro Martins and I'm studying for my master's degree at
Amazonian National Research Institute (INPA).

My aim is to take advantage of the large number of aged *Pithys
albifrons *captures
in our bird banding data set and try to build a survivorship curve for the
species.

We have been collecting data since 2009, but the effort in each campaign is
different (the number of mist-nets in each sampling).

Can I use this kind of data in BaSTA? Use effort variation as a covariable
for the recapture probability?

Hope i've made myself clear (Sorry for any misspelled word)...

Best wishes,

Pedro Martins