[Basta-users] Time intervals different from years...

Alexandre Courtiol alexandre.courtiol at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 19:31:48 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I am discovering BaSTA and I test different things to get familiar with it.
My first little problem concerns the use of tine intervals other than years.

The function CensusToCaptHist allows the user to nicely set the interval
time to "M" for months for instance, and then your matrix of observations
nicely show one column for each month between the starting date and the end
date (even if no observation are made within a month).

My question is how can you then build an appropriate birthDeath matrix? Off
course I could program the same computation than the one done internally by
CensusToCaptHist, but is there a beta function in BaSTA that could use
directly a birthDeath matrix with birth and death date as POSIXlt (or
POSIXct, not sure which one is which)?

Thanks,

--
Alexandre Courtiol