[Basta-users] simulation problem

Colchero, Fernando Colchero at demogr.mpg.de
Thu Feb 9 19:39:42 CET 2012

Hi Felix,

   I think the best bet is that you get the BaSTA version on R forge. You can type on the R console:

   install.packages("BaSTA", repos = "http://R-Forge.R-project.org", type = "source")

   From the error message you're getting, I think what's happening is that the starting parameters were producing 0 for some individuals in the pdf of ages at death. With this new version that shouldn't happen. Please, let us know if this solves it, if not, we can try to reproduce the error message and find the bug.

   Best,

   Fernando

Fernando Colchero

Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
Konrad Zuse Str. 1, 18057, Rostock, Germany
Tel:  +49 (0) 381 2081 113
Fax: +49 (0) 381 2081 529
E-mail: Colchero at demogr.mpg.de