[Basta-users] Question on survivorship for pre-emergence

Rebke, Maren Rebke at demogr.mpg.de
Wed Apr 4 12:40:45 CEST 2012

Hi Fabiano,

I guess you work on a species like the meerkat in which the young first
stay under the ground and you don't see them. You only see them for the
first time when they come above the ground and you have no idea how many
young died already before that. Is that right? In that case you could
use the argument minAge. You set it to the age when the young emerge and
BaSTA will then calculate survival from that age onwards.

Best wishes,
Maren