[Basta-users] imposing negative Gompertz function?

Cliff Cunningham cliff at duke.edu
Thu Nov 10 12:24:14 CET 2011

Dear Basta,

	I very much appreciate that  Owen fixed the searching so the Gompertz b1 can now search among negative values.

	Would it be possible to have an option to constrain a search so that it imposes a declining mortality function on the data (as the Siler does in the first part of the bathtub shape)?  I realize the fit will be poor if it wasn't the model chosen by the MCMC, but it would interest me greatly to see what the life table looks like under a model requiring declining mortality.

	Thank you!

   	Cliff Cunningham

        Professor
	Biology Department