[adegenet-forum] problem installation adegenet Ubuntu

Roman Luštrik roman.lustrik at biolitika.si
Fri Oct 2 12:07:51 CEST 2020

Did you install essential tools for building?

sudo apt install build-essential

Cheers,
Roman

---

“If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine.” -- Jim Barksdale

---- On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 11:35:52 +0200 Didier AURELLE <mailto:didier.aurelle at mio.osupytheas.fr> wrote ----

Dear all,

I tried to install adegenet on R version 3.6.3 on Ubuntu 20.04.1
      with
      RStudio

I used the
      command :

install_github("thibautjombart/adegenet")

I first got an
      error
      that libgfortran.so.4 was not found so I created a symbolic link
      toward libgfortran.so.5 which was present in
      /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

Then I got a new
      error :

usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.5:
      version `GFORTRAN_7' not found (required by
/home/aurelle/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.6/vegan/libs/vegan.so)

If I type in a
      terminal

gfortran - -
      version