[adegenet-forum] adegenet 2.1.2 is now on CRAN

Zhian Kamvar zkamvar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 11:47:17 CET 2020

Hello friends,

I am cross-posting to the adegenet, poppr, and R-SIG-genetics forums to
announce that the adegenet package has officially been updated on CRAN
(windows users should wait a couple of days for the binaries to be built)!
You can read all about the changes here:
https://github.com/thibautjombart/adegenet/releases/tag/2.1.2

I would highly recommend updating since this is the first release adegenet
has had in nearly two years!

There are a couple of important changes to highlight:

1. Thanks to Klaus Schliep, df2genind() has gotten much much much faster
(>100x), so importing vcf data from vcfR is now much less painful.
2. Some of the likelihoods from snapclust for haploids were incorrect and
have been fixed
3. showmekittens() now has more kittens.

I would also like to announce that I am now the acting maintainer for
adegenet. I do not plan on adding any new features, just fixing any bugs
that may pop up and improving performance should time allow.

Best,
Zhian N. Kamvar