[adegenet-forum] Prior and Posterior membership in Scatter plot DAPC

Das, Roma (ICRISAT-IN) r.das at cgiar.org
Tue Apr 21 16:14:44 CEST 2020

Hello everyone,
Please help me to understand the difference in scatter plot if I use n.da=2 and n.da=4 in dapc() function. I believe since scatter plot in 2D, we see same scatter plot regardless of number of discriminant function used.

There is difference in posterior membership probabilities, however in scatter plot, individual are grouped only based on prior group information. How can we use to interpret individual based on posterior membership probability.

Thanks and regards,
Roma