[adegenet-forum] Scripting adegenet with whole-genome data

brian knaus briank.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:05:03 CET 2019

Hi Rachel,

Demographic patterns are generally thought to occur throughout the genome.
In which case you shouldn't need the entire genome but can use a
representative subset of your variants. We've demonstrated how to
accomplish this at the below link.

https://grunwaldlab.github.io/Population_Genetics_in_R/gbs_analysis.html#subsetting-a-vcfr-object-to-200-random-variants

Good luck!
Brian