[adegenet-forum] Identification of mixture individuals

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 11:31:02 CEST 2017

Hi Sandra

it depends on what you are looking for, and which method you used for this
analysis.

What you are looking for:
- migrants: I would assume these would be individuals fully classified in a
group while being tagged as members of another
- admixed individuals: these would be hybrids between parental populations,
so appearing as 'mixed genotypes'

The method:
DAPC tends to make clear-cut groups, so you may be good at identifying
migrants as defined above. If you are looking for hybrids, then DAPC is not
the way to go. Adegenet has a good alternative for this now, but it is not
too well documented, with a disclaimer: "don't use yet, we work on that
stuff".  As a matter of fact I am submitting a revision of the MS today. If
you are interested in this, then PM me and we can discuss things further.

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College
London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/