[adegenet-forum] DAPC: shall I keep or exclude repeated genotypes ?

Adrien Rieux adrien.rieux at cirad.fr
Mon Apr 24 14:04:23 CEST 2017

Hi there,

I’ve got a question regarding the assessment of genetic structure from
microsatellite data using the DAPC method. My dataset contains around
30% of repeated genotypes. I observe different and contrasted results
(BIC as a function of the number of clusters) when I keep or exclude
repeated genotypes (find.clusters function). Has someone ever
experienced this situation and how would you explain it ? I would have
predicted that finding the optimal number of clusters should not be
influenced by repeated genotypes as the DAPC is only based on the
variation between genotypes. Is there a general recommendation whether
keeping or excluding repeated genotypes when performing DAPC ?

Cheers,

Adrien

--

Adrien RIEUX