[adegenet-forum] seploc

Basel Shaaban Basel.Shaaban at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jul 14 11:02:25 CEST 2015

Dear Thibaut Jombart,
I am Basel Shaaban, Master Student at Ruhr university Bochum. I am doing
right now my master thesis in population genetic field.
I need to calculate pairwise Fst for each locus, and my data are in
Fstat format, so I used a "adegenet" package to create a 'genind'
project and then I have set the "seploc" function to separate locus to
be able to calculate  pairwise Fst for each locus. However, after I set
my script I get this Error massage :

Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
unable to find an inherited method for function ‘seploc’ for signature
‘"data.frame"’

and this is my R-script:

#read_fstat_file_to_create_genind_project:
B <- read.fstat("simulation_g1500_r10.dat")

#use_seploc_to_separate_locus:
B_seploc <- seploc(B, truenames=TRUE, res.type=c("genind", "matrix"))

can you please point out for me to the mistake I did?!

Best regards
Basel Shaaban