[adegenet-forum] DAPC a-score

Margarita Lopez Uribe mayalopez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 17:07:58 CET 2014

Dear adegenet users,

I am trying to optimize the number of PCA to retain for a DAPC analysis.

I am using the optim.a.score() command but I am getting consistently
different results if I directly call optim.a.score() or if I call it by
saving it in a tmp (e.g. tmp<-optim.a.score(x)).

With the first syntax I get around 35 optimal PCA and with the second
syntax I get around 20. Is this a negligible difference? Any idea why I am
getting this results consistently different?

Thanks in advance!

Margarita