[adegenet-forum] possibility to use adegenet on seeds data

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:44:47 CET 2011

Hello,

I know some users have used adegenet to analyse plant data... anyone care to share his/her experience?

I am not sure about what your seed data look like. Is it a mixture of alleles? Or do you have proper genotypes? In the second case, then I would consider genotypes as 'individuals' (genind object), and seeds as 'populations'. You would probably carry out most of your analyses at a 'population' (seed level) using a genpop object. Having a look at the vignette "adegenet-basics" (type vignette("adegenet-basics")) may help for genind/genpop conversions.