[adegenet-forum] new developer for adegenet

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 10 18:56:38 CET 2011

Dear all,

it is my pleasure to welcome a new developer on-board adegenet: Dr Ismaïl Ahmed has now joined and will be implementing new methods relating to sparse regression and sparse multivariate analyses.

We will aim at making some of these new tools available along with the new classes of objects ("SNPbin" and "genlight") which allow for handling massive SNP datasets using up to 50 times less RAM than usually required. All this will be part of the next major release of adegenet (1.3-0), to come over the next weeks.

Best regards,

Thibaut.