[adegenet-forum] truenames error

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 13 12:45:26 CET 2010

Dear Sofie,

One thing that may explain the problem you experience is that Genepop format gives the same label to all individuals of a given population. Internally, adegenet uses generic labels so as to avoid that kind of issue, but when using original labels (setting truenames to TRUE), duplications can cause failures, for instance when constructing a data.frame (which doesn't tolerate duplicated row names). This is the meaning of the warning:
"
Warning message:
In validityMethod(object) :
duplicate names in ind.names:
"

To check this, you can replace the labels of individuals directly in the genind object:
##
data <- read.genepop("microsats_pararge_28_04_09.gen")
data at ind.names <- as.character(1:nrow(data at tab))
##

Does this solve the problem?

Best regards,