[adegenet-forum] problems in importing data

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 12:34:41 CET 2010

Hello,

no problem for the 'disturbance', but usually a better way to get a quick answer is to provide the code that poses a problem. I called 'X' your sample dataset.
I guess the problem is you did not exclude the Ids when converting the genetic information into a genind.
Solution is below:
#####
   Id mk1 mk2 mk3
1 A45  AA  AB  BB
2 A46  BB  AA  AB
3 A47  AB  BB  AA
> obj=df2genind(X[,-1], ncode=2, ind.names=X[,1])
> obj

   #####################
   ### Genind object ###
   #####################