[Traminer-users] mean age evolution

Julien Bourdais ju.bourdais at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:38:12 CEST 2015

Dear Traminer users,

I had a database in a spell format listing the periods over which 480
people were hospitalized in a given medical institution (it represents
approximatively 1100 periods) from the 1960's to nowadays. I converted
it into a STS format sequence data. The presence of each individual is
described through two different states (depending on whether they're
hospitalized 24/7 or just for daytime) and when they're leaving the
hospital I coded their absence with "missing values" and not with "void
elements" (consequently most of the sequences consist of "missing
values" but it allowed me to keep a calendar axis time).
I also have informations about individual birthdates and I'd like to
demonstrate that the mean age of the people hospitalized at a given time
is rising through the historical period I consider (from 1960 to 2014).
But I don't know whether there's a tool for that in Traminer ?

Thanks for your help,
Julien