[Traminer-users] FW: seqrplot: Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large

Matthias Studer Matthias.Studer at unige.ch
Fri Mar 11 09:24:47 CET 2011

Dear Jane,

Usually, your data are loaded in a data.frame, an object containing all
your covariates (probably the object you gave to seqdef). Suppose that
this data.frame was named mydata. You can run the following command

table(cluster6, mydata$female)

You can also use the female covariate in seqfplot (or any seq*plot
functions) with the following

seqfplot(Org.seq, group=mydata$female)

You can use two covariates at the same time with the interaction function

seqfplot(Org.seq, group=interaction(cluster6, mydata$female))

With the mvad data set this could be
library(TraMineR)
data(mvad)
## mvad is the data.frame
mvad.labels <- c("employment", "further education", "higher education",
     "joblessness", "school", "training")
mvad.scodes <- c("EM", "FE", "HE", "JL", "SC", "TR")
mvad.seq <- seqdef(mvad, 15:86, states = mvad.scodes, labels = mvad.labels)

## Grouping with male information
seqfplot(mvad.seq, group=mvad$male)

## Grouping using an interaction male and unemployed father
seqfplot(mvad.seq, group=interaction(mvad$male, mvad$funemp))

Hope this helps.
Matthias Studer