[Traminer-users] state subsequences and event subsequences

Claire Lemercier Claire.Lemercier at ens.fr
Thu Mar 17 12:45:15 CET 2011

Dear list members,
I have a question about the possibility to perform something like what
seqefsub does (listing frequent subsequences), but for subsequences of
states (those defined at page 83 of the manual), not subsequences of events.
e.g. I am looking for a list of the most frequent subsequences of
states, like "Being Married""Being Divorced" (possibly with other states
in between, as it is a subsequence) and not "Getting Married""Getting
Divorced" (subsequence of events)
Does my question make sense, and is it possible to do this with TraMineR?
All the best,
Claire.