[Traminer-users] Seqplots with multiple different states

Matthias Studer Matthias.Studer at unige.ch
Mon Jun 14 17:17:02 CEST 2010

Hi Philippe,

As far as I know, there are no simple solution to do that in R and if
you find any solution I would be really interested. One workaround  is
to edit your plot with Gimp (or another software) and replace each color
by a pattern.

I'm not sure that the following solution is what you are looking for but
it might help. A least, type="d" and type="i" use barplot in the
backside and you may use the "density" and "angle" argument to get
different patterns. However, this is limited to filling the bars with
lines with different "densities" and "angles"

data(biofam)
biofam.lab <- c("Parent", "Left", "Married", "Left+Marr",
  "Child", "Left+Child", "Left+Marr+Child", "Divorced")
biofam.seq <- seqdef(biofam, 10:25, labels=biofam.lab)

## Biofam has 8 states, automatically generating 8 densities and 8 angles
seqplot(biofam.seq, type="d", density=1:8*2, angle=1:8*25)

Hope this help,
Matthias

PS: There is a website to search in almost all R websites and
mailing-lists: http://www.rseek.org/