[Traminer-users] Seqplots with multiple different states

Philippe Blanchard pxb43 at psu.edu
Fri Jun 11 16:38:14 CEST 2010

Hi all
A question
that does not directly depend on TraMineR, but that might find an answer on the
list.
I need to publish multiple-sequence plots (the kind that come out nicely
 with
full colors, see link to my
 report on TraMineR's page) in a
B&W review. The plots are composed of between 20 and 40
 different states, organized in families of sequences made of 5 to 12 states
each. Families do not all work as scales, that could be clearly represented by
progressive grey shades. I would like the reader to be able to distinguish from
each
other, both families, and sequences inside
families, without
 getting a headache.

I have
searched for answers on different R websites and R books, no way. I can't
imagine
that no function could chart with stripes, symbols or
figures combined with grey shades.
Thanks
Philippe

***

Philippe
Blanchard

Department of Sociology
& International Center for the
Study of Terrorism
Pennsylvania State University
133 Moore
Building
University Park, PA
16802
www.sociology.psu.edu
www.icst.psu.edu

IEPI-CRAPUL
Université de Lausanne
Anthropole, CH-1015 Lausanne
www.unil.ch/iepi
www.unil.ch/iepi/crapul

http://www.afsp.msh-paris.fr/annu/annuaire.html#b
https://applicationspub.unil.ch/interpub/noauth/php/Un
/UnPers.php?PerNum=1028276&LanCode=37&menu=coord&AnDeb=2004&AnFin=2009