[Roxygen-devel] Roxygen2 4.0.0

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 23:49:13 CET 2014

> Roxygen2 4.0.0 is a major update to roxygen2 that makes provides
> enhanced error handling and considerably safer default behaviour. Now,
> roxygen2 will never overwrite a file that it did not create. This
> means that before you run it for the first time, you'll need to all
> files generated by previous versions of roxygen2, including
> `NAMESPACE` and `man/*.Rd`

Just realised that this is a bit of a pain because you often can't
source a package without a NAMESPACE. So I've changed the instructions
to:

Roxygen2 4.0.0 is a major update to roxygen2 that makes provides
enhanced error handling and considerably safer default behaviour. Now,
roxygen2 will never overwrite a file that it did not create. This
means that before you run it for the first time, you'll need to run
`roxygen2::upgrade()`. Make sure to backup any hand generated Rd files
and restore after the upgrade.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/