[Roxygen-devel] Documenting S4 methods with class names that are not valid filenames?

Carl Boettiger cboettig at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:36:09 CEST 2014

HI List,

I have the misfortune to have an object class I'd like to document an S4
method for, in which the object class name is not a valid filename (do to
having a ":").  The method and the Roxygen documentation are thus:

#' concatenate stmml:unit objects
#'
#' concatenates  stmml:unit objects into stmml:ListOfunit objects
#' @param x,... units to concatenate
#' @param recursive not implemented at this time
#' @rdname class-stmml:unit
setMethod("c", signature("stmml:unit"), function(x, ..., recursive = FALSE)
new("stmml:ListOfunit", list(x, ...)))

How would I modify this to create valid documentation?  Currently this will
error that rdname is not a valid filename, but changing the rdname (e.g.
just removing the ":") results in a new error about undocumented methods.

Thanks!

Carl

--
Carl Boettiger