[Roxygen-devel] \preformatted and #'' in roxygen2?

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 20:18:16 CEST 2013

>  > The big advantage (in the current situation), is that it's much easier
>  > to have both versions installed simultaneously.
>
> Yes, but you can name old-version as roxygen-old and whoever wants to
> use the old version can used that. This is uniformly better than giving
> new names to the packages.
>
> Would you mind naming roxygen3 simply roxygen?

There is no way roxygen3 will become roxygen, but it will probably
become roxygen2, once I've firmly decided that the roxygen3 will be
backward compatible.

In the mean time, there is no advantage to renaming the package, given
that it works differently, and I have made no effort to make the API
the same as roxygen2.

Hadley

--
Chief Scientist, RStudio