[Roxygen-devel] Autodocumentation for S4 classes, methods and generics

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:21:11 CEST 2012

>> * a picture showing the class graph to the class documentation
>> * a list of "nearby" methods to method documentation
>
> I miss the old CallGraph functionality from the original roxygen, so I'd
> like to hope that any graphing capability would include this , and support

Do you have any particularly good examples where this is useful?

> S3 and Reference Classes as well as S4.

S3 is already supported - although there's no formal notion of an S3
class so there's only so much we can do.

I'm not sure what supporting reference classes would entail (esp. with
the alternative doc system built into ref classes).  Do you have any
hand written Rd files you could share?

Hadley

--
RStudio / Rice University