[Roxygen-devel] inline documentation, R5, and where can I find the examples?

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Mon Jan 2 15:55:12 CET 2012

> After fiddling around a little is seems like Romains parser package
> does all that you need to be able to extract the comments and the
> blocks that they belong to.  It even differentiates roxygen comments
> from others.  here is an example:

Capturing the comments isn't the hard part - it's associating them
with the correct R object so we can do run-time introspection to fill
everything we can in the documentation.  I'd suggest reading through
the existing roxygen parsing code (e.g
https://github.com/klutometis/roxygen/blob/master/R/parse.R) to get a
feel for how it currently works.

It's quite possible that the roxygen2 parsing engine would need a
complete overall to work with comments inside functions.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/