[Roxygen-devel] Roxygen & S4

Mon Feb 20 22:06:32 CET 2012

Hadley,

Sorry for pestering, but what's the right way to comment a setGeneric
and its derivatives, eg:

##' Make your object think
##'
##' We are building self aware objects
##'
##' @export
##'
##' @param x The object to make smarter
setGeneric("pontificate", function(x, ...) standardGeneric("pontificate"))

##' <how do we specify `something` specific behavior?
##'
##' (or do we not do that and comment the setGeneric as ferociously as
possible?)
setMethod("pontificate", c(x="something"), function(x, ...) {

})

--
Steve Lianoglou